Jobs at Northern Improvement Company
Click the column headers to sort job openings or use the filters to narrow your results.
Parts Runner/Utility Helper
Northern Improvement Company is an industry leader in the Midwest for highway, heavy, and municipal construction. We are seeking a Parts Runner/Utility Helper to seasonally work at our busy Dickinson Shop.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Run (pickup/deliver) parts/supplies from local vendors; deliver parts/supplies to local field operations (company vehicle provided)
- Perform light mechanic-assist and welder-assist work, including oil changes, retrieving parts/inventory/tools, and otherwise generally assisting shop personnel
- Parts inventory, including pulling & stocking
- Sweep floors, tidy/organize work areas
- Perform other duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates
- Must be able to periodically lift 100 pounds
- Must be physically able to reach - including overhead, grasp, bend, stoop, kneel, climb, squat
- Possess a valid driver license
- 18+ years of age
- Able to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles
- Parts & tool knowledge
- Mechanical inclination &/or background strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Dickinson area, particularly the business community
- Able to see and hear well (naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Self-motivated, reliable, and have consistent attendance
- Commitment to working a schedule of 6 days per week, approximately 55 hr/wk during the construction season (Apr/May-Sept/Oct); approximately 40 hrs/wk off-season (Oct/Nov & Feb/Mar)
- Commitment to passing a pre-employment urine DRUG test and submit to DRUG and/or ALCOHOL testing during employment
- Base Hourly Wage
- After a duration of employment, there may be an opportunity for a promotion to a Mechanic's Assistant position, which does qualify for company benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by