Jobs at Northern Improvement Company
Click the column headers to sort job openings or use the filters to narrow your results.
Shop Mechanic (Heavy Equipment & Trucks)
Northern Improvement Company’s Dickinson Shop is seeking qualified Mechanics.
Essential Job Duties –
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, overhaul, weld, fabricate, etc. for heavy trucks, heavy construction equipment, and other types of machinery – mostly diesel – for an asphalt/gravel lay down road construction operation
- Safe operation of trucks and equipment
Essential Job Requirements –
- Must have mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Must be versatile to adapt to company needs and new technologies
- Needs to be adaptable to handle all types of repairs including complex repairs and electronic components
- Must have a valid regular driver license; prefer a CDL with Hazmat & Air Brake endorsements
- Working 40+ hours per week, Monday-Saturday, 6:00am to 7:00pm variable
- Must have consistent and reliable attendance
- Ability to pass a pre-employment urine drug test and submit to random drug and/or alcohol testing during employment
Physical Requirements –
- Moderate to heavy lifting, bending, reaching including overhead, stooping, squatting, crawling, kneeling, twisting including neck
- Clear and effective English communication skills (speech, vision, hearing/listening, writing, etc.)
Experience – We are seeking someone with a minimum of three (3) years of on-point experience
- Base Wage
- Monthly Stipend available through 11/15/2014
- Employer-provided camper spots with hook-ups are available at employer RV site near Dickinson at no cost to employee
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by