Jobs at Northern Improvement Company
Click the column headers to sort job openings or use the filters to narrow your results.
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
||Western North Dakota|
Northern Improvement Company is an industry leader in the Midwest for highway, heavy, and municipal road construction. We are seeking a disciplined Heavy Equipment Mechanic for heavy construction equipment to work with our Dickinson Shop Operations as a field mechanic. Area of operations will be western North Dakota, including Dickinson, Williston and surrounding areas during this construction season.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS -
- Responsible for the servicing, maintaining, and repairing of all trucks and heavy construction equipment
- Welding, fabricating, diagnosing, adjusting, repairing, and servicing equipment and trucks in the field. (Company will furnish the mechanic/service truck.)
- Safe operation of heavy construction equipment
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS - Perform other duties as required, directed, or as the situation dictates
JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Employee is REQUIRED to provide standard tools. Northern Improvement will provide a mechanics truck, welder, torch, and specialty tools.
- Basic welding, fabrication, heavy equipment, and hydraulic experience
- Moderate to heavy lifting, bending, reaching, and stooping
- Clear and effective communication skills (speech, vision, hearing/listening, writing, etc)
- Possession of a valid Class B driver license with Airbrake endorsement (Class A license is preferable)
- Working 40 to 70+ hours per week (Mon-Sat) during the construction season; shop work may be available during the off season
- Ability to pass a pre-employment urine DRUG TEST and submit to random DRUG and/or ALCOHOL testing during employment
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION - Preferred at a minimum of one (1) year but we are willing to train a mechanically-inclined individual.
WORK WEEK / JOB DURATION - Our crews typically work 40 to 70+ hours per week, depending on the weather and we work until freeze-up (Seasonal Subject to layoff late in the fall).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by